Operated by ROLLEE (SAS)
Paris RCS no. 899 520 084
25, rue de Ponthieu – 75008 Paris
Entrée en vigueur : 10/2021
The company ROLLEE (“Rollee”) publishes and operates the Rollee software solution, a web application that gives its customers (the “Partner Sites”) secure access to the employment data of all European workers (the “Users”).
Details of the functional and technical characteristics of the solution (the “Application”) can be found at https://getrollee.com/ (the “Site”).
The Application facilitates access by Users, thanks to its API, to the services available on the Partner Sites to which they have subscribed.
The purpose of these General Conditions (the “General Conditions”) is to define the means and conditions for accessing the Application and the services (the “Services”) offered to the Users.
These can be accessed and printed at any time through the direct link at the bottom of Site and Application pages.
The Application and Services are accessible to:
- Any natural person having full legal capacity to commit to these General Conditions. Any natural person without full legal capacity can only access the Application and the Services with the agreement of his/her legal representative.
- Any corporate entity acting through a natural person possessing full legal capacity to contract on behalf of the corporate entity.
The Application and the Services are designed for use by individual Users within the meaning of the French Consumer Code, as well as business Users, understood to be any natural person or corporate entity engaged in business activities on a continuous basis.
The User can register on the Application by clicking the access link to the API, which will be send by email, SMS or any other means, on registration with one of the Partner Sites.
Once registered, the User will have access to a personalized interface associated with the Partner Site, which he/she will authorize to share his/her financial and employment data.
The User selects the Partner Sites he/she is registered with and that have been authorized to access Rollee.
The User accepts these General Conditions by ticking the box during the first connection to the Application.
This acceptance is by its nature absolute and cannot therefore be subject to any reservations. Any reservations would therefore revoke any acceptance. A User who does not agree to be bound by these General Conditions will not be able to access the Application or use the Services.
The registration to the Services is not subject to a time limit.
A User can cancel the account at any time by sending a cancelation request by email to Rollee, to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The account will then be deleted within a maximum of 7 days.
Rollee agrees to provide, as an obligation of means, the hosting of the accounts and all content published by the User in his/her account in accordance with industry standards and the state of the art, on its own servers or those of a professional hosting service provider, operating in accordance with industry standards and the state of the art.
Rollee therefore agrees to supply the User with appropriate memory and processing capacities as part of the Services, in accordance with industry standards and the state of the art.
Rollee agrees to provide all necessary technical resources, in accordance with the state of the art, to guarantee the security and access to the Services, including the protection and surveillance of the infrastructures, checks on physical and/or remote access to these infrastructures, as well as the implementation of detection, prevention and recovery measures to protect the servers from malicious actions.
Rollee further agrees to apply all useful safeguards, given the nature of the data held and the risks created by the use of automated data processing for the requirements of the Services, to protect the security of the data, namely to prevent these being altered, damaged or accessed by unauthorized third-parties.
Rollee provides the User with technical assistance accessible by email at the following address: email@example.com to make it possible to submit any issues encountered when using the Application.
Rollee reserves the right to offer the User any other Service it may deem of use, in a form and based on the technical functionalities and resources it may deem best suited for the delivery of these Services.
Access to the Services and the Application by the Users is free of charge.
The User hereby acknowledges and accepts that the data collected through the Application and the computer hardware of Rollee is proof of the reality of the operations carried out in the context of these General Conditions.
Without prejudice to any other obligations arising from these General Conditions, Rollee agrees to fulfil the following obligations:
- Rollee agrees to fulfil its obligations diligently and in application of the rules of the art, it being agreed that it is subject to an obligation of means, excluding any obligation of result, which the User hereby acknowledges and accepts.
- Rollee agrees to only use the information, documents, data and in general all elements that may be communicated to it by the User for the purpose of the execution of these Conditions and not to disclose or share with any third-party unless required for the delivery of the Services, unless expressly requested or agreed by the User.
- Rollee will provide for the User skilled personnel and provide such advice, notifications and information as required for the proper delivery of the Services. It is further required to inform the User of any foreseeable issues specifically relating to problems in delivering the Services.
- The role of Rollee is limited to the supply of the Services. The User therefore acknowledges and accepts that access to the Application is supplied on a personal basis, Rollee will not under any circumstances intervene in the User’s relations with the Partner Sites.
- The User will exonerate Rollee in the event of any disputes or litigation involving the Partner Sites and will be personally responsible for settling these.
- The Services defined herein are supplied by Rollee as are and without any explicit or implicit guarantee. Rollee does not in particular guarantee the User (i) that the Services, which are subject to continuous improvements in particular in terms of performance and advances, will be completely free of errors, faults or defects, (ii) nor that the Services, being standard and not designed explicitly for the specific personal needs of the User, will be a perfect match for the User’s needs and expectations.
- Rollee does not offer any guarantees to the User in terms of any volume of activity relating to the Application or the Services.
- The only liability that could be incurred by Rollee with regard to the Application and Services is expressly limited to direct damage suffered by the User.
The User agrees, when using the Services, to comply with these General Conditions as well as with all applicable laws and regulations and not to infringe the rights of third-parties or public order.
The User agrees to supply to Rollee all documents, elements, data and information required for the use of the Services and the Application.
The User further agrees to cooperate with Rollee for the smooth operation of the Services and to notify it of any problems associated with these operations.
The User acknowledges receipt from Rollee, prior to the signing of these General Conditions, of all advice, instructions and details needed to enable the opening of an account in full awareness of the implications, and that he/she therefore has an adequate understanding of the Services such as stated in the Application.
The User guarantees Rollee against all complaints, claims, legal suits and/or actions of whatever nature that may arise following a failure, on the part of the User, in any of its obligations arising under these General Conditions. The User agrees to pay to Rollee all fees, costs and/or penalties it may be ordered to pay as a result.
In the event of the failure to comply with any of the provisions of these General Conditions, or more generally, the breaking of any laws or regulations by the User, Rollee reserves the right to take all appropriate measures and namely:
- Suspend, remove or block access to the Application and the Services by the User, the party at fault or committing the breach, or involved in any such action,
- Remove any content associated with the failure or breach in question, in full or part,
- All appropriate measures and start any legal proceedings,
- Alert as appropriate the relevant authorities, cooperate with these and forward all useful information for detecting and eliminating illegal or unethical activities.
The User is aware and accepts that any failure to fulfil his/her obligations can, in addition to any other consequences defined above, result in the immediate closure of his/her account by Rollee.
The systems, software, structures, infrastructures, databases and contents of all types (Templates, texts, images, visuals, music, logos, trademarks, databases, etc.) used by Rollee on its Site and its Application are protected by all applicable rights protecting intellectual property and database owners. Any disassembly, decompiling, decryption, extraction, reuse, copy and in general any reproduction, representation, distribution and use of any nature of these elements, in whole or part, without the prior authorization of Rollee, are strictly prohibited and may be the subject of legal proceedings.
During the period of registration and for 3 years after the closure of the account, the User authorizes Rollee to use the testimonials published by the User on the Site, the Application, his/her social networks or the social networks of Rollee (the “Testimonials”) for the purposes of promoting the Services and the Application, subject to the following details:
- The User agrees that any Testimonials can be used free of charge by Rollee for its social networks and/or its Site, as well as on any French or other internet sites, created by any company with which Rollee has an agreement,
- The User agrees that his/her Testimonials can be circulated by Rollee by any means and on any media for the purposes of promoting the Site and the Application,
- The User accepts that his/her Testimonials can be translated into any language,
- The User acknowledges and accepts that his/her Testimonials may be the subject of modifications, namely relating to their framing, format and colors, as well as for changes or deteriorations in the quality, on the basis of the technical constraints of the Site,
- The User agrees not to request any payment, fee, indemnity or financial compensation from Rollee in this regard.
Rollee cannot under any circumstances be held liable for the technical availability of websites operated by third parties (including the Partner Sites) that the User accesses using the Application.
Rollee accepts no liability for the contents, advertising, products and/or services available on such third-party sites as these are governed by their own conditions of use.
Rollee is also not liable with regard to any transactions between the User and any advertiser, service provider or trader (including any of its partners) that the User may be directed to through the Application and will not under any circumstances be a party in any litigation with these third-parties relating for instance to the purchase of products and/or services, warrantees, declarations and any other obligations of any sort to which these third-parties are bound.
Rollee reserves the right to insert on any page of the Application and in any communication with Users any advertising or promotional messages in any form and subject to the conditions it alone deems appropriate.
Rollee reserves the right to modify these General Conditions at any time. The User will be notified of such modifications by any convenient means.
Any User who does not accept the modified General Conditions must cancel his/her account in accordance with the conditions of the “Term” paragraph above.
Any User who uses the Application or the Services subsequent to the entry into force of the modified General Conditions is deemed to have accepted these modifications.
These General Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of France.
In the event of a dispute concerning their validity, interpretation or execution, the Parties will attempt to find an amicable settlement to the dispute. Failing an amicable settlement in the month following the first notification, by any written means, sent by one Party to the other relating to the dispute in question, this will be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Paris Tribunals (France), unless there are mandatory procedural requirements.
In the event of a dispute, the Buyer can use the following Consumer Mediation service free of charge in order to try and reach an amicable settlement:
Centre de médiation de la consommation de conciliateurs de justice (CM2C)
Postal address: 14 rue Saint Jean 75017 Paris
Phone: 06 09 20 48 86